Vermont Rapid Response Team

State of Vermont Emergency Staffing Pool [RNs, LPNs, LNAs, PCAs, Caregivers, Housekeeping, Foodservice]

What kind of jobs are available?

You will be providing direct care and support—including assisting people with the daily tasks of living—in a variety of residential facilities for people with disabilities, older Vermonters, and others receiving specialized services for substance use disorder, mental health concerns, or other conditions. You will be working in a setting where there has been at least one positive case of COVID-19. We are looking for people who are new to the field as well as skilled and entry-level healthcare workers such as Registered Nurses (RNs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs), Personal Care Assistants (PCAs), and others (including kitchen/laundry/housekeeping help).

Do I need experience?

Experience is not required, but for licensed positions like RNs, LPNs, and LNAs, proof of current licensure or certification is required.

Do I need to pass a background check?

Yes. All positions require applicants to clear national and state background checks.

What kind of training will I receive?

You will need to hit the ground running. You will be working in various different facilities. Very minimal onsite training will be provided.

What kind of personal protective equipment will I receive?

You will be provided the necessary personal protective equipment to safely perform your job by the provider (the facility). This may include Mask, gloves, face shield, gown. The staffing firm will provide you with N95 masks if necessary (and conduct needed N95 fit testing).

Where will I work?

The type of facilities where you will work include skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, small group homes, substance abuse treatment facilities, mental health facilities, and other residential support programs that are currently dealing with a COVID-19 outbreak, and are in need of staffing assistance. These locations may be located anywhere within the state of Vermont. If you are able to travel, you will be provided lodging and reimbursement for meals for the duration of your assignment. Travel expenses will be covered as part of your compensation. It is possible that you may be deployed to other locations requiring staffing supports for Vermont’s COVID-19 response.

How long will this work last?

Each individual assignment lasts between one day and two weeks. This emergency staffing program lasts until March 26, 2021, after which, these positions will end. The current need for temporary help is great so you can anticipate that you will be able to work on multiple or sequential individual assignments.

What if I get COVID-19?

Anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 will be required to quarantine/isolate in accordance with the Vermont Department of Health guidelines to avoid spreading the virus to others. If you contract COVID-19 during the time you are working, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Notify your staffing service employer and the facility where you’re temporarily assigned as soon as possible after developing symptoms you think could be COVID-19. Keep a record of when you developed symptoms and when you notified your employer of those symptoms. Provide a copy of the test results or the diagnosis to your employer or your employer’s insurer. If you are working in a facility where COVID-19 is present, and contract COVID-19, Vermont law presumes that you contracted it while working and you are entitled to workers’ compensation. For assistance, contact the Vermont Department of Labor Workers’ Compensation & Safety Division at 802-828-2286 or email the Workers' Compensation Division at: See also:

What if I’d like to work for a provider permanently?

You may accept a permanent position with your temporary employer, but you and the provider will negotiate the rates for the position you accept.

Pay Rate

RN 55
LPN 40
LNA 30
PCA 25